Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Research of My Life

Research is not my life but my life is like research. In life and research I feel like I am walking into the darkness holding tightly to a candle of knowledge to lighten my way and hoping that I am traveling in the right direction. Both are filled with unanswered questions and unexpected results. They have good days and bad. They are often frustrating as I am faced with obstacles and trials to overcome. Research and life are only truly understood in retrospect when I reflect on the past, what I have learned, and the people who have helped me on the way. Time is always ticking fast but research is slow and people spend a lifetime waiting to grow and then wishing they did not grow up so fast. In both there is a constant fear that I will not live up to the expectations of others and never reach the impossible standards I set for myself. Both are filled with consequences of great success and failure. Success that is measured by my motivation to never give, to learn that falling down is necessary to live and failure is for those who are too afraid to try. Science is learning and making discoveries that will change the world. Life is discovering who I am, learning from the people and experiences in my life, and the transformations that change me so I too can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment